By Carole Pietras
Westbound Governor approaching Genesee – November 9, 2017 5:16 p.m
- Both westbound left turn lanes are backed up beyond the designated lanes — blocking the center lane.
- The right turn lane to Northbound Genesee is backed up
- Westbound traffic past Genesee is also backed up.
- There was no accident or obstruction on Governor Dr.
Do you have a plan to…
- Evacuate in case of a fire? Gas leak?
- Get to your child’s school or athletic event in case of an emergency?
- Leave or enter the community if Genesee or Governor Dr. is closed because of an accident or an obstruction like a tree across the road?
- Get to safety if Hwy 52 is closed?
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING in your emergency plan:
- Governor Dr. is the ONLY east/west street running the length of our community from I-805 to Stresemann.
- With a few exceptions, streets in south UC have to connect with Governor Dr. to get to Genesee or Regents Rd.
- Genesee is the only North/South artery connecting Clairemont and University City to the businesses, UCSD, hospitals, medical facilities, commercial and residential complexes north of Rose canyon.
- Over 57,000 people travel to, through or within the Golden Triangle every day!
- Over 3400 students, attend UCHS*, Standley Middle School,* Curie Elementary* and Spreckels Elementary* school including students from Doyle Elementary and areas throughout the city. *UCHS is on Genesee. Curie, Standley and Spreckels are on Governor.
- Many workers in the business condos and Governor Business Park near I-805 drive west on Governor to Genesee to Hwy 52 because I-805 and the access ramp are backed up.
- Over 50 public and private projects are either under construction or slated for construction in the Golden Triangle area.
- Per the City Planning Commission, communities are supposed to have TWO ways in and out. Without the Regents Road Bridge, we have ONE!
THE REGENTS ROAD BRIDGE IS NOT DEAD!
Join our fight to KEEP the Regents Road Bridge in the Community Plan and BUILD IT. Spread the word to your neighbors, friends and co-workers. Help defray our legal expenses.
Donate now: online at https://www.gofundme.com/cftrrb
or mail a check payable to Citizens for the Regents Rd. Bridge or CTFRRB to
4079 Governor Dr. #165
San Diego CA 92122
Thank you to all who are supporting our effort!